January Goals1. Cancel Victoria's Secret credit card. I tried! But for some reason, they have no record of me in their system. The rep I spoke with said it's probably just so old (I haven't used it in over seven years) that it was automatically closed but the credit reporting agencies didn't get the memo. I can take it up with the or I can forget about it. I'm voting to forget about it -- it's probably my oldest credit item, and challenging it might downgrade my credit score.
2. Work on my resolutions -- that's enough goals for one month. :) Success! ;)
February Goals1. Make doctor and dentist appointments. It's that time of year again. For the third year in a row, I will have to find a new doctor because they've left my insurance/left the office/office has closed. Annoying!
2. Finish clearing out filing cabinet. This is something that irritates me almost every day and I just haven't focused on it.
3. Stay under budget for my trip. Plane tickets, rental car, gas, maybe one or two meals out -- this shouldn't be an expensive trip.
Resolutions Update1. Single-task. This has been a struggle. Especially focusing on Twitter -- how do you guys do it? Do you tweet while doing other things or do you stay only on Twitter?
2. Participate in The Happiness Project. Going well!
3. Be able to do headstand in yoga. I've been....lackadaisical in practice, but I've been thinking about it. (It's like the Silent Piano!)
4. Save enough to hurt a little. I'm making sure to transfer money to our savings account as soon as we notice our checking account is looking healthy. I need to make some plans to cut back on spending in concrete ways, though.
5. Change our net worth by the value of our student loans/increase our net worth by $31,000. Working on it!
6. Prepare to leave my job. We've hired a new person and I'll begin training them this month. That will help a lot.
7. Declutter -- ideally, reduce our possessions by about 1/3. I've started a new Goodwill bag!
8. Organize digital photos and finish physical scrapbooks. In the process of transitioning from old computer to nicer computer, and I'm starting with those files.
9. Take up a crafty hobby. Um...utter fail.
10. Create a bucket-list of New York adventures and start checking them off. Seeing Blue Man Group with NYCGO's buy one, get one promo this month!
11. Read through my library. My new plan for reading is one book for work (fiction or non-fiction), one book club book, and one book off my shelf (ie, no library books I just want to read). On the other hand, I haven't stopped collecting books at work, since I keep seeing great ones.