Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries! Rather than move food, we'd kind of let our pantry dwindle down, so I had a $100 grocery store run AND a $100 Costco run in the same day. We're now all set for a blizzard! (Please don't blizzard.)
2. Today I am thankful for all of our friends. We had a housewarming brunch yesterday and had somewhere north of twenty people eating, chatting, and visiting most of the day yesterday. SO not possible in an apartment - but in our house, it was great!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was re-start my home yoga practice.
4. I will consider this week a success if I get up on time every day. I got in a bad habit of staying under the covers and catching up on blogs, email and the news on my phone before finally jumping out of bed at the last minute. I want to get out of bed when the alarm goes off and get started on my day! I did good this morning; just four more days to go.
5. The craft I am currently interested in right now is quilting. There is a rich quilting tradition in my family - my sister and I have a quilt that was put together by our great-great-grandmother! I'm almost finished with my first full-sized (baby sized) quilt, and I'm looking forward to starting my next project.–