Financial1. Save to increase our emergency fund. Success! We increased our emergency fund by 50% this year. We have not reached our "fully funded" amount, but we also have our other sinking funds as backup emergency cash, so we are in good shape here.
2. Buy a second car with cash. Success!
3. Flirt with The Compact. Middling. I started out with great intentions, and we did really well for a while by shopping at estate sales for a lot of things that we needed for the house, but we did buy a lot of new kitchen gear and then the baby came and it was new, new, new everything.
4. Pay extra on our student loans. Success! We paid a total of $12,721.90 on our student loans this year, entirely paying off mine and making a dent in Peanut's.
Health5. Go to 52 yoga classes. Fail. I did very well on this for a little more than half the year, then I had an emergency c-section. I miss yoga, and I'm looking forward to getting back to it when Baby M is home from the hospital.
6. Develop a yoga home practice of three days per week, or 156 sessions. More fail. I did okay for a few weeks, and then I didn't.
7. Become a better conversationalist. This one's hard to measure. I have been in more unusual circumstances this year, and I have felt less stress about making small talk with people. I am careful to ask more questions instead of talking about myself, which definitely helps!
8. Read more than 100 books, including a number of classics. Success! I read 137 books this year, a new personal best. The classics I read were Les Miserables, Great Expectations, and Time and Again, and if I may include consider the following to be classics within their genre, Ender's Game and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
9. Nest in my HOUSE. Oh, success! This house totally feels like mine, and I love it.
10. Get wills, living wills, and in-case-of-emergency paperwork in order. Fail. I know! Even with a baby! This is a problem.
For Fun11. Make a quilt, start to finish. Success! I completed one quilt that I gave as a gift, am more than halfway through a second, finished two other tops, and started a fifth. Woo!
12. Travel with my mom and sister. Success! I went on not one but two road trips with my mom, and one with my sister.
How did your resolutions go?